Who is CES?
CES – Silicones Europe is a non-profit trade organisation representing all major producers of silicones in Europe. We provide information on silicones from a health, safety and environmental perspective.
Our primary mission is to raise awareness of silicones and their many uses as well as to promote their safety from a health, safety and environmental perspective.
What we do
- Commission, co-ordinate and guide scientific research on questions of health, safety and the environment.
- Interpret and evaluate data.
- Provide information and perspective to European and international regulators.
- Co-ordinate input from the silicone industry on issues affecting the overall chemical sector.
- Monitor and assess topics relevant to the silicone industry.
- Liaise with sister organisations – especially the Silicones Environmental, Health and Safety Council of North America (SEHSC) and the Silicones Industry Association of Japan (SIAJ)
- Provide information on the benefits of silicones in everyday life.
How we do it
CES is a sector group of the European Chemical Industry Council (Cefic), which is both the forum and voice of the European chemical industry. Based in Brussels, Cefic represents directly and indirectly about 40,000 large, medium and small chemical companies in Europe, employing some two million people and accounting for more than 30% of world chemicals production.